A few days ago Kai Wong from Digitalrev announced on Twitter that he had received a Sony A7R II for review. So the question is, is Sony A7R II a Disappointment Or is it Bloody Awesome?
I must say i haven’t seen Kai so enthralled with a camera in years. In his own words “If you want the best, you’ll never get it. If you want a really bloody good camera that is here and now, well, you’re looking at it.”
If you want a piece of this bloody awesomeness you’ll have to be willing to dosh a wiping $3,198.
- World’s first Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor – 42.4MP
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
- 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T coating
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/ camera apps
- Fast focal plane phase-detection AF realized with A-mount lenses
- Shutter vibration suppression, first curtain shutter, and silent shutter
- Resolution meets sensitivity 42.4MP up to ISO 102,400 / 4K up to 25,600
- Durable, reliable and ergonomically enhanced for professional use
Could the Sony A7R II be the Canon 5Ds killer? I for one would be really interested in seeing a Sony A7R II vs the Canon 5Ds Digitalrev style review.