If you’re a photography enthusiast, the Canon 6d series might be one of the most appealing cameras on the market because of its reliability and affordable price for a full frame camera.
The successor to the Canon 6d series will be the Canon 6d Mark II which is rumored to have the following specs:
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored Specifications:
- 24mp Full Frame CMOS
- 1.5 stops better at higher ISO
- Low-light autofocus (centre point) at -5 EV
- Two AF systems are currently being tested or the EOS 6D Mark II and which was chosen is unknown at this time. There will be more AF points than the current camera.
- WiFi with NFC and GPS
- Wireless battery charging with the Qi standard
- Internally Canon switches from VxWorks (Could have meant DRYOS) to an Android-based embedded OS, 6D Mark II will be the first Android-based camera from Canon.
- Dual-pixel autofocus technology
- Swivel LCD
- Will ship in a new box design in gold color.
Compared to the original Canon 6D, these rumored specs for the Canon 6D Mark II are nothing to write home about and seem like minor upgrades. If you already own a Canon 6D that means image quality was the decisive factor in your acquisition and the 4 megapixels upgrade, the better focusing system and slight low light performance might not be so enticing to make you upgrade.
I have to admit though that the swivel LCD sounds very useful to me personally and it could very well be something I could use a lot but is that enough for an upgrade? Not sure, depends on the price.
No details as to the price or release date have come to light as of yet.
At the moment these are all rumors but nowadays rumors tend to be extremely accurate.
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t forget to like, share, follow here on WordPress or Facebook
, Google +
so you can be up to date with the latest articles as soon as they come out. Thank you!