Matt Granger is attending CES 2016 (CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Held in Las Vegas every year, it has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace.) and made this presentation video.
The D5 body looks amazing, it is a PRO body, don’t think I will ever own one but I have to appreciate the beauty of the design and its rugged looks. Did I mention I am a Canon shooter?
- Two D5 versions: XQD and CF (dual memory card slot)
- Newly developed 20.82 MP CMOS sensor
- EXPEED 5 image processing engine
- 4K UHD video at 30 fps BUT only 3 minutes – why would they limit this at 3 minutes?
- 153 AF points. 99-point cross sensor, F8 corresponding 15 points
- Continuous shooting (continuous shooting up to 200 frames in 14bit lossless compression RAW) 12 fps with AF / AE tracking
- Continuous shooting speed at the time of the mirror up to 14 fps (AE / AF fixed)
- High ISO of 102,400
- extended sensitivity Hi5: ISO 3,280,000 – but this does not matter if you have no light or very bad light
- 2-inch 2.36 million dot LCD touchscreen monitor – again this comes with a caveat, the touchscreen is ONLY usable to review and zoom in your photos, NOT usable to acces the menu functions – really? come on Nikon..
- Shutter speed 30 seconds to 1/8000 seconds
- Viewfinder coverage 100% (FX) and magnification of 0.72x
- SuperSpeed USB (USB3.0 Micro-B terminal)
- EN-EL18a battery
- Weight: XQD version – 1405g, CF version – 1415g (both including battery and memory cards)
- Shipping as of March 2016
- Price: $6,500 (body only)